We held a mixed live and virtual spring meeting. The meeting notes are as follows:
New England Sled Dog Club Spring Meeting
Attendees: Rachael Colbath, Brittany Colbath, Leendert Van Dorp, Danae Bryar, Grace Bailey, Raelynn Cottrell, Bella Cottrell, Laura Hayes, Kevin Daly, Brandon Taylor, Christina Gates, Marie Ralff, Doug Sweeny, Kim Murphy, Gretchen Karlson, Sandra DiMaggio, Tom DiMaggio.
Rachael stepping down as president
Need to elect new president, vice president, secretary, and board members.
Current President Rachael Colbath
Vice President Mike Green
Second Vice President Doug Butler
Secretary Jackie Batista
Current Board Members (need 5 total): Gretchen Karlson, Steve Murphy, Laura Hayes.
Also need timers.
Brandon Taylor – Secretary
Laura Hayes – Vice President?
Laura to send ballot for voting
Christina Gates to forward online voting information
Motion to have online/virtual election the next two weeks
Motion made by LVD
Seconded by Raelynn Cottrell
Verbal Treasurers Report
Treasury: $4600 total
Owe ISDRA $1100
Discussion of ISDRA Insurance vs. Clubs own insurance
– Do we need private insurance for specific races?
– Morrisville need specific rider for VAST trail and private land owners
– Certificated need to be made out to each land owner
– Plan to look into this before fall
Discussion about Timing
– Using Raceworks for timing
– Paying timers
– Consider finding a new organization to donate to
– Need more trail help
– Veteran’s day weekend
– Send Mike a letter outlining what club needs in order to hold race as far as
safety and finances
– Plan to have permits for road crossings
Have been invited to PSDC Summer Camp out and meetings so that we can coordinate race schedule: July 31 st – August 1 st in Morris, PA
Do not have to be a member to attend
Season End Awards
– Need to have more races – need to check by-laws
– Need to be present at spring and fall races
– Pine River State Forest – Ossippee, NH
– Could apply to have both dryland and snow races here
– Trail clean ups
– Training days
– Fun races