- This event has passed.
Tamworth Sled & Skijor Race
February 24, 2018 - February 25, 2018
Unfortunately the trails will not survive the warm-up forecast ahead of the race.
We will be offering the following classes: One & two-dog skijor, 4-dog, 6-dog, 8-dog, open, three-dog junior, one-dog junior, recreational (Saturday only). This race will be ISDRA sanctioned. Registration will open in January.
The race is held on Lake Chocorua and on wooded trails adjacent to the lake.
The nearest hotels are the Econolodge Lakes Region (603-301-1426) and the Day’s Inn Tamworth, (603-323-9100). There are numerous inns North of the race site in North Conway, NH.
- Hobbs Tavern & Brewing Company, Rt. 16 West Ossipee
- Yankee Smoke House, West Ossipee (right across the street from the Econolodge)
- Jake’s Seafood, West Ossipee
- Rosie’s Restaurant, 1547 White Mountain Hwy, Tamworth
- Songbird Chinese Restaurant, West Ossipee
Take Rte. 16 North, through Ossipee, past White Lake State Park. The race starts on Lake Chocorua, which is on the left hand side of Rte. 16, in the shadow of Mt. Chocorua.